– A Taster of the Latest Results –
After the second year of the HRN and Fosway Group independent survey with over 400 responses, the realities of HR in Europe are becoming much clearer.
Whether it’s the top levers for success, the top HR priorities, the drivers behind Cloud HR or changing HR systems – our data is telling some interesting stories. We’ve highlighted some of these in the headlines below and we’ve also captured a flavour of our findings in our infographic… which is ready for you to download now.
Importantly, over the coming weeks we will be releasing a series of short papers that dig deeper into the realities HR in Europe.
Until then, here is a taster of some of what European HR professionals have shared with us…
1. HR in Europe is fragmented
- 64% are organised in a decentralised or federated HR Operating Model.
- Less than 25% have very standardised HR systems
2. Being a Strategic Business Partner is consistently HR’s top priority,
- 53% have this as their highest priority
3. Engagement, efficiency, leadership quality and the talent pipeline leads the HR measures of success
- The Top measures of success are not board presence but Employee Engagement, Employer of Choice and having a Strong Talent pipeline
4. HR in the Cloud has mass momentum
- 78% are using or planning to use Cloud based systems
5. High quality HR technology is seen as the key enabler of HR Success
- 89% see Quality HR Data and Analytics as critical or very important
- 85% see Quality HR systems as critical or very important
- 73% see Next Gen technology as critical or very important
6. User experience is one of the MOST critical drivers behind HR Systems change
- 44% see this as a critical driver– the highest rating of any of the drivers behind changing systems
7. Analytics is the Top HR priority, but HR doesn’t believe it has the analytics to succeed
- Only 1% say HR Analytics is not a Priority for them
- 76% see HR Analytics as a key enabler in them being a Strategic HR Business Partner
- 90% see a lack of skilled resources as a critical barrier to successfully progressing HR Analytics in their organisation
8. There is a potential tsunami of change in HR Systems over the next 3 years
- Nearly 60% – envisage changing their Analytics, Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, or Performance solutions within the next 3 years.
- 50% envisage changing the CORE HR over the next 3 years
As you can see there is so much we can talk about, even in this short article! And yes, we could have done a top 10 takeaways style piece for this blog, but this is just an amuse-bouche, as there is so much detail we want to include and we know you will definitely be hungry for more. So our upcoming series in collaboration with HRN will give you much more information on the research findings and what it means for you and your organisation. It will definitely be a series worth following.
As I mentioned, you can download the infographic now and sign up to the serialisation using this link.
David Perring, Director of Research, Fosway Group
About Fosway Group’s Research
Fosway Group is Europe’s #1 independent HR Analysts. Our independent HR Realities survey, conducted in association with HRN, has no sponsorship and is delivered as part of our passion for bringing a European perspective to HR trends, challenges and focuses not just on what works, but what really makes a difference for HR professionals in Europe.
About Fosway Group
At Fosway Group, we understand that developing and engaging people is how complex global organisations deliver performance and achieve success. Just as every employee’s talent journey is unique, so is every organisation’s people strategy.
Fosway Group’s analyst and advisory services deliver the insights your organisation needs to achieve results and eliminate risk. We know that every aspect of next generation HR and talent are more intertwined than ever. When you work with us, you accelerate your insight and make better decisions.
We don’t have a vested interest in your technology or consulting choices. You can depend on us to tell you what you need to know to succeed.