Last week we released the results of a research project conducted by Elearnity in partnership with HRN Europe titled “HR Tech in Europe: The Critical Realities for 2015.” Of course, we first asked the readers to fill out a quick survey to get a better insight into our readership. The question we asked was “What is your biggest HR related challenge?” It has only been a week of collecting data but some interesting trends have already emerged, and I thought I would share them with you:
1. Finding perfect HR tech solutions as well as successfully completing their implementation: As one of the respondents pointed out, it is critical for HR professionals to dictate what the technology does as opposed to merely pandering to standard SaaS solutions.
2. Recruiting the right talent: It doesn’t come as a surprise. According to a study by Brandon Hall, 64% of organisations are operating with only a casual or developing talent acquisition process without even a high-level strategy in place to guide their hiring decisions and initiatives. Furthermore, less than half (40%) plan for talent needs at least 6 months in advance.
3. Rewards and Benefits: According to a Towers Watson study, the two factors of career advancement opportunities and rewards remain top drivers in terms of attracting and retaining talent. Yet, “most organizations don’t know if their career management programs are working. A very low 27% say their organizations monitor the effectiveness of their career management programs.”
4. Change Management: A number of organisational and human factors come into play when a department or a company is undergoing structural, cultural, or procedural changes. IBM’s study showed that “only 40% of respondents believe they have the right skills in place to successfully manage change projects in the future.”
5. Employee Engagement: Josh Bersin in his recent article on Forbes notes that “the change we need to make is to redefine engagement beyond an “annual HR measure” to a continuous, holistic part of an entire business strategy.”
Do you agree with the list? What challenges do you face on a regular basis as an HR practitioner? We want to hear from you! Leave your feedback in the ‘Comments’ section below.
You can also hear from industry leaders on how they overcome these and other challenges at HR Tech Europe 2015, ExCeL London, 24-25 March.